Question:
What is the best thing to do at Disney World in Florida for a 6 yr. old girl?
2006-03-28 12:17:01 UTC
This my daughters and my first trip to Disney World and I want to make the most out of the time we are there.
Ten answers:
tech_fanatic
2006-03-28 13:15:46 UTC
Oh, you both are going to have so much fun. Disney is my favorite place to go, it is so wonderful and magical. It is going to be great, especially since you both will be experiencing it for the first time.

My number one recommendation for you would probably be to take her to Cinderella's Royal Table or Cinderella's Gala Feast in Grand Floridian, and then also Princess Storybook in EPCOT. They are kind of costly, but she will never for get it. Especially if she loves princess', this will be great. Cinderella's Royal Table is actually in the castle, but probably my least favorite as far as food. But the others are very nice. There are lots of character meals through out Disney that you can find, another of my favorites is Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary, it is really cute and has the fab 5. If you plan to book a lot of dining, you should look into a travel agent that can take care of these for you. My travel agent just has me write down what I want and then she books it. Some of the more popular ones sell out really quickly and she has always been able to get them if I get the dates to her. It's really nice not to have to worry about them.

Other than that you have lots of options for her. Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will probably be her favorites as they are geared to a slightly younger crowd. But all the parks have a little something for everyone. Magic Kingdom is probably the best for younger kids. Cinderellabration would probably be something she would really love, as are all the parades and fireworks, they are great to see.

I think this pretty much covers everything. The main things are going to be different for each person, but there is a lot to do. This is a great site to plan your trip: http://mousetrips.com/WaltDisneyWorld.html It's also the travel agency I use. They have lots of information on the parks, as well as rides, height requirements, kids programs, etc. You can find a lot of really useful information there.

I hope this helps. If there is anything I didn't answer you can e-mail me, I'm happy to help.
ALLY (:
2006-04-02 13:11:43 UTC
There are so many different things to see and do in the Walt Disney World parks.If your daughter is into the Disney Princesses and characters, the Magic Kingdom would be a good place to spend alot of your time. Many of the characters walk around this park to sign autographs or pose for pictures.The Magic Kingdom is also home to Cinderella's castle and many rides that are geared for younger audiences.Of course the other three parks, The Animal Kindom, MGM Studios ,and EPCOT all have incredible rides and attractions for all ages that your daughter and the other people on your vacation will enjoy.
MC
2006-03-28 12:25:49 UTC
You can dine with the characters. I took my kids to Chef Mickeys for breakfast one time and they had the best time. They offer several character meals, including a princess one in the castle! Call the Walt Disney World Resort to make your reservations. You will be happy you did, as we we're very impressed, and you'll get more quality time with the characters, and it will save you time in the park, because you will not have to wait in the lines to see the characters. The princess ones book fast, so you might not want to wait on booking if that's the one you want. Have fun! We also did the Ohana breakfast and still had a great time, but would reccommend Chef Mickey.(The food was better!)
2006-03-28 12:20:51 UTC
Go on the little fun rides that have her favorite Disney characters. Let her pick something that she wants to go on. Also, younger kids like watching the parade because they get to see all of the Disney characters and the people!
GaDawg
2006-03-28 12:21:46 UTC
I'm taking my 5yr old next week to Disney! I'm gonna let him ride everything that he's able to and see every show that we can. There is also the Character Meals. Check out the links below for some very good information.
2016-05-20 11:06:06 UTC
Well Mission Space is a little intense for younger kids. I'm 15 and don't entirely think I'd go on Mission Space, as for Expedition Everest, just tell her to close her eyes right at the point where you approach the Yeti and tell her to enjoy every part of Roller Coaster.
sunnyday
2006-03-28 13:26:17 UTC
If your budget allows you could go for a really big event

My Disney Girls Perfectly Princess Tea Party

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/entertainment/entertainmentDetailResort?id=PrincessTeaPartyPage

It's would be a huge event for you and your daughter.
bread_n_buda
2006-03-28 12:20:45 UTC
I dont know about disney world, but at disney land in Cali. there is toon town and that was fun for my 6 y/o cousin (boy) because it is catered to younger people.
jeza66
2006-03-28 14:54:06 UTC
When your in downtown Disney go to the brand new Princess Shop.It is opening in April and should be perfect!

http://www.disneyneighbor.com
Mike
2006-03-28 14:56:26 UTC
go to caracter greetings and in Magic Kingdom, do to Fantasyland and Micky's Toontown and let her lead the way