Question:
6 aldults 7 kids,3-16,1 senior citizen, like 2 go 2 disney(orlando) in june help with discounts @ lodging?
lenny
2006-02-14 22:45:00 UTC
NEED DISCOUNTS AND INFO ON HOW TO MAKE THIS A GREAT TRIP FOR MY FAMILY, WITHOUT BEING TO EXPENSIVE. I AM A VETERAN, IN IRAQ(2ND TIME). I HAVE NEVER BEEN 2 DISNEY, BUT IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A DREAM
Two answers:
tech_fanatic
2006-02-15 07:00:39 UTC
This is my answer to a similar question. Because you are a veteran, you may be able to get a discounted rate at Shades of Green. I'm not sure of what is required to stay here and I am not sure on the accomodations, etc. I have never actually stayed there. Three things to keep in mind for Shades of Green. 1). You will not be using Disney transportation to get to parks, etc. If you are planning to rent a car, this is not too much of a problem. But if you plan to use the provided transportation, it is not as good as the Disney transportation. 2). If you stay at Shades of Green it is not a Disney hotel, it actually is owned by the government. Therefore, you will not be receiving the Disney service that is so great if you stay there. I've never experienced it personally, but the people that have said it doesn't even compare to Disney's service. 3). If you stay at Shades of Green you will not be able to take advantage of early entry days. This is a day where you can get into the park earlier than other guests, if you stay at a Disney resort, This is really nice if you can take advantage of it, because you are able to get started on the big rides before most of the crowd even is able to get in.

With a party this size, you are going to need more rooms. At a value resort you would need four rooms. There are some resorts where you could fit five in the room, but it depends on the ages of the kids.

I think this pretty much takes care of everything. I have included an answer to a similar question below.

Hope this helps!

Just remember, all the prices for Disney are going to run the same. Disney does not offer different prices to different companies. The only way to get a discount, unless Disney releases a code, is to go with room only. However, you will not be saving much considering Disney has so many great deals this year with tickets and dining. Also, you can purchase an annual pass to get a discount, but the same problems apply. With the prices of tickets this year, you usually won't be much better off paying for an annual pass.

As I mention below. I think you could really use the assistance of a travel agent. They will really be able to help you get the most out of your budget to get the absolute vacation. http://www.mousetrips.com/ is a fabulous agency and they are so helpful, they will really be able to help you put together a great trip.

I don't recommend an online discounter such as expedia, priceline, etc. Remember, a good deal and the best option are not always the same thing. I have known several people that have booked with an online discounter, only to arrive and discover they have no room. This is a terrible way to start your vacation. Although you may still be able to get a room, it is very upsetting to get there and discover this.

A discounter may get you a slightly lower price, but you may also be losing out on alot. disney ocassaionally drops codes that will be far better than the discount you could get online. AAA and online discounters will not change rates if they do come out for you. Also, if you book with an online discounter, you are on your own. You have to take care of any problems or any additonal things you want. I've had a few experiences with AAA and I wasn't satisfied with them. I booked a big trip and they never told me disney dropped a code that would save me more than $500, they wouldn't book me dining, tours etc. So even though I booked through them I didn't get anything special.

I highly recommend contacting a travel agent to help you with the planning. I always use a travel agent, they don't charge extra and they can answer all your questions and make it so much easier on you. It makes the trip more enjoyable. I use http://www.mousetrips.com/ and they are absolutely wonderful. Not only has my travel agent saved me a ton of money over the past few years. But she has helped me plan wonderful vacations and get the most out of my trips. She books everything for me, from my trip and tickets, to insurance, town cars, rental cars, dining, tours, etc. She is wonderful. There is no added fees so for me it wasn't a hard decision to make, but the expertise, superb quality of business and knowledge they provide is priceless. If I email her a question, she has a response to me in minutes. I would never go to Disney without booking my trip through her because of how wonderful she is.

Hope this helps, if you need anything else just let me know!

Below is my answer:

Hello,

This depends on what your budget it. This year Disney has really great prices out for families. If you really want to experience the trip of a lifetime, I really think you would want to stay on site. It is so much easier and more convienient for you. Rather than driving to the places you want to go you can hop right on to Disney transportation and go to the places you wish. Plus, if you stay at an off site resort the transportation times are scheduled, when the little ones are tired it can be a pain to get back to the hotel. Plus, you are less likely to fully utilize your tickets because you are less likely to go to the park when you have to wait for hotel transportation.

Now, back to your package. I suggest staying away from July, this is the hottest time of the year and it can get pretty miserable. If you must go in July try to go before the 4th, if not before, go after. To save you more money, value season begins August 27 and continues through October 4. Regular season is April 23, August 26. Going in value instead of regular will save you quite a bit of money.

Disney has their value, moderate and deluxe resorts so just about any budget will be able to go. They also release special codes once and a while that make prices even lower. Tickets this year are especially nice. You can choose how many days of tickets you want, if you are going 7 nights and only want 3 days of tickets, you can do that. But they have made it an incentive this year for increasing the days of tickets by making it very inexpensive to add on an extra day. For example, 2 adults and 2 children under 9 can from from a 7 to an 8 ticket for less than $9. Then, if you wish you can add on park hopping so you can visit more than one park in a day. You can also add on water parks and more which includes visits to the Disney Water Parks and a few other features. Also, if you don't plan on using all the days on your tickets you can purchase the no experation option.

The best thing Disney has done this year for their value traveler is their new dining plan. For the first time that I can remember, Disney has a dining plan that is worth the extra cost and will usually save you 40% or more off of your dining. The most budget friendly plan includes one counter-service meal, one table-service meal and one snack. It's a great deal and is sure to save you lots of money.

I suggest looking into all your options, there really is a lot of different ways to go. Again, I highly recommend staying on site if you really want to have the trip of a life time that your grandkids will never forget.

I would recommend you contacting a travel agency. They can help you with the booking and answer all your questions so that you are sure to get the most out of your vacation. If you have never been to Disney or if you are unfamiliar with what they have to offer, it can be very difficult to book a trip on your own.

Hope this helps!
groovydadoffour
2006-02-15 03:07:27 UTC
Hi there i hope this information will help you, we are going to disneyland in may, first time for us to,.I looked all over for the best deals checked out all the main brouches rang them up and got them to ring me back with there best prices,also checked out the internet for there best prices also, I was getting prices in the region off £5000 for two weeks for to adults and four kids not including park tickets, I found a company called A1 Travel which quated me the same hotels other companys were for £3000 which is a saving of two grand which give us anoth left over for theme park tickets and speading money. There web address is www.a1travel.com, it may not show florida on there site but give a alan or laura a ring there deal with florida and the number is 0800 0910637 there are also ABTA bonded no.18930 and ATOL no.5287 which you can check on ABTA site, Hope all this info helps let me Know how you get on. p.s goodluck