Question:
What is the best disney resort for a family?
jdinoia
2006-03-14 05:50:33 UTC
What is the best disney resort for a family?
Six answers:
The Love Duck
2006-03-14 11:44:03 UTC
I have taken my wife and four kids to Disney World on three different occasions, each stay being about two weeks long. Each time we went, we decided to split up our time among two different resort types, one week at each. So far, the most kid friendly resort was the Polynesian Resort. Hands down.

First of all, the pool is awesome. Probably the best one in Disney, complete with a volcano with a slide that goes through it and a huge waterfall that the kids can play under and around. There is also a club for the kids called Peter's Pans that is incredible. It has every thing a kid could ever want to play with there, including a full size movie screen that constantly shows Disney movie's. There is art, dressup and all kinds of awesome things for the kids to do. They even feed them while they are there.

As for me and my wife, we most enjoyed the Bistro there at the hotel which has the best menu and food. The grounds were incredibly beautiful. We also rented the little boats at the marina and also took an evening cruise on a pontoon boat during the fireworks which was a once in a lifetime experience - amazing. We took the aqua taxi to the other hotels to check out their restaurants and bars, but usually found ourselves migrating back to this resort for it's laid back style.

The room was nice and comfortable and all of the staff was incredibly sweet and wonderful. My oldest daughter received balloons and a signed picture of Mickey and Minnie on her birthday so she was thrilled. The whole family rode the monorail every night during the fireworks (except for the night the wife and I rented the pontoon boats) to get a birdseye view and it was awesome.

But no matter which resort you pick, nothing compares to the joy and excitement of watching the look of magic in your kids faces. To see the look of utter surprise and wonder is worth the entire cost of the trip. And I guarantee you, it's those moments that you'll treasure for the rest of your life.
DisneyLover
2006-03-14 13:00:03 UTC
Personally I love Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Everything is so scenic and gorgeous. Also, it's divided up into a number of like "villages" and each village has their own pool. The main pool is awesome for kids though. Everything is so fun! They also have a main area where there is a food court, plenty of choices for everyone, and 2 bright and cheery stores. Without a doubt its awesome and extremely nice. They also have a "lake" where you can rent boats, espeically paddle boats and thats always entertaining. Surrounding the "lake" there is white sand and hammocks so it is like a beach and a good place to relax. The Caribbean Beach Resort is also catergorized as a moderate hotel so if you don't want to pay too much, but still want sort of a luxury place to stay i would most definitely pick Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort.
DisneyPlanr
2006-03-20 20:47:00 UTC
WOW! You will receive so many answers to this question...

If you asked my children, they would say Pop Century is their favorite although we haven't stayed at the All-Stars as of yet. They love the icons from the different decades and the price will be more reasonable in the event that your family needs two rooms to accommodate.

The All-Stars are supposedly changing to all suite accommodations which will give you twice the room although I don't believe its happened yet.

Of the Deluxe resorts (most expensive) my kids most want to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is very unique in that the pool is a walk-in pool with the animals roaming the savannah just a few steps away. There are guides all over the AKL with stories and educational tidbits to tell you about the animals in the area.

You might want to check out Deb Wills' site for pics and layouts of the resorts. http://www.allearsnet.com

If you'd like to ask some Disney families with lots of experience, try http://www.mousehousemagic.com

Good luck!
tech_fanatic
2006-03-14 08:09:53 UTC
It really depends on your family. What ages your kids are, how much you are willing to spend, etc.

This is a good site to see all the different resorts: http://mousetrips.com/DisneyResorts.html

If you want a value resort, the Movies are great for kids and Pop is also really nice. They are also the newest. Moderate resorts I would say French Quarter or Caribbean. Deluxes there are a lot to choose from, kids would probbly like Wilderness or Animal Kingdom the most.

Hope this helps!
2006-03-15 17:43:54 UTC
My favorite is Disney's Boardwalk. They have a great pool and waterslide. Suprisingly it is very kid friendly and we had alot of fun there. Being on the water, they have lots of entertainment, like clowns on the boardwalk at times. It is also the most fun to rent the bicycles. They really are all great. But if you go for a more expensive one it is definatly worth it. The less expensive ones, like pop century, all star sports, ect. arent as nice. They arent as friendly and dont have as much to offer.
nurserachet_0000
2006-03-15 14:04:29 UTC
Almost everything in Disney is designed around the family. You can't go wrong.